Dear Members and Friends,
Due to concerns about the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Ethical Culture Society of Westchester Board moved to cancel all gatherings at the Ethical Society until at least the end of March. The Society has opened a Zoom account and will be meeting via that platform for at least the next three weeks.
ECSW’s plan for this Sunday is a presentation and discussion of the coronavirus and its impact on the community and vulnerable individuals. You’re invited to join via a scheduled Zoom meeting. Please see the details below.
Contending with the Coronavirus – Presentation and Discussion – Sunday, March 15, 2020, at 10:30 a.m. (ET)
You can email Leader Bart Worden (email@example.com) to learn how to join the meeting or with questions or concerns.
Please stay safe and take the following precautions:
– Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
– If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick
Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
– Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
– Throw used tissues in the trash.
– If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around other people
– If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick (and they are not able to wear a facemask).
– Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
For more information visit the CDC website on the Prevention of Coronavirus Disease.